The submission deadline for the “online round” of the $250,000 Schulze Entrepreneurship Challenge was Feb 24, 2019. Top 25 Finalists will be announced on March 15. The live e-Fest event takes place from April 11-13 at the Schulze School of Entrepreneurship (Minneapolis). All finalist teams and advisors receive expenses-paid trips to Minneapolis to compete and participate.
e-Fest Entrepreneurship Celebration – Apr 11-13
- THURSDAY 4/11: Team Orientation & Pitch Slam! Elevator Pitch competition
- FRIDAY 4/12: Morning Development Workshops & Evening Innovation Challenge competition
- SATURDAY 4/13: Schulze Entrepreneurship Challenge competition – National Finals
- See the Published Agenda
All submissions include up to a 7 minute video and slide deck (up to 16 slides).
Teams could also submit for consideration for the Global and/or Social Impact awards.
- 101 submissions accepted
- 120 total submissions were “started”
- 20 judges for the online round
- 6 judges for Global & Social Impact awards
- 26 judges for Finals Round
- 5 judges for Championship Round
- 61 colleges and universities fielded at least one student team
- NOTABLE NEW SCHOOLS AMONG FINALISTS IN 2019: Princeton, US Airforce Academy, San Diego State U, Babson
- 19 schools fielded multiple teams
- 17 submissions applied for Global Impact Award
- 28 submissions applied for Social Impact Award
- Average team size is 2.9 students (requirement is 2 to 5 undergrads)
- 32 of 99 submissions led (submitted) by women entrepreneurs
- Over 120 colleges & universities have registered for e-Fest since 2017
- 32 colleges / universities received e-Fest development grants ($2500 for new recipients, $1500 for repeat recipients)