Selection Criteria for e-Fest Events
Finals and Championship Round Judging
Teams will compete in groups of 5 teams to present their business plans to a panel of judges. Presentation format: 15-minute presentation / 10-minute Q&A / 5-minute transition. Following the last pitch, judges will deliberate and rank teams from first to fifth place. The teams winning first place from each judging group will move on to the Championship Round.
Refer to the Schulze Entrepreneurship Rubric for guidance on how your presentation and pitch will be assessed by judges. The same rubric will be used for the finals and championship rounds of competitions.
Teams should be prepared to address the following elements of their business venture both in their pitch and during the question-and-answer period:
- Summarize your business venture
- Identify a customer need
- Describe your solution
- Provide details about your product, service, technology, etc..
- Offer a value proposition
- Highlight your competitive advantage
- Summarize the competitive landscape
- Provide evidence of market opportunity
- Describe your business model
- Detail your sales and marketing plan
- Explain your company management