e-Fest is a 3 day celebration of undergraduate student entrepreneurship, culminating in the final championship event of the Schulze Entrepreneurship Challenge. The challenge begins as an online competition. After a selection process, where each submission is reviewed by at least 2 judges, the Top 25 Finalists will be invited to Minneapolis to compete in person for recognition and cash prizes.
Top 25 finalist teams and advisors will receive a stipend to cover airfare, ground transport to/from the airport, hotel accommodations, and incidental expenses, such as snacks.
Finalist Competitors: Please plan to be checked in at the hotel and ready by 5 p.m. on Thursday.
Finalist teams and advisors are responsible for reserving their hotel rooms from a block of rooms set aside for e-Fest. There will be one room allocated for each faculty advisor, and at least one double occupancy room available for every two members on a team.
Questions? Email: [email protected]
- Fly into Minneapolis/St Paul (MSP)
- Ground transportation from airport to hotel by Light Rail, Uber/Lyft, or Taxi
Doubletree Hotel – Minneapolis
The Doubletree is located across the street from the Schulze School of Entrepreneurship.
- Doubletree Hotel
- 1101 LaSalle Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
Schulze School of Entrepreneurship
This landmark building is located on the Minneapolis campus of University of St Thomas, Opus College of Business.
- Schulze School of Entrepreneurship
- 1000 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
Location, Travel & Accommodations
- Travel: Each finalist team will be provided with a stipend check to cover airfare, shuttle to/from airports, hotel expenses for the entire team (including advisor), and incidental expenses. Teams from locations that do not require air travel may receive a pro-rated check in a lesser amount, to be determined.
- Lodging: A block of rooms will be held at the DoubleTree Hotel adjacent to University of St. Thomas’ Minneapolis Campus, where e-Fest will take place. Teams (advisors) are responsible for reserving the number of needed hotel rooms for their team (we plan for single occupancy for advisors and double occupancy for students, with no mixed gender room assignments). This is a change from past e-Fest events, where we managed hotel reservations. This year, we are providing more funds to each team to manage their travel and hotel directly, for convenience. Please plan your accommodation logistics accordingly.
- Ground Transport & Incidentals: The stipend check for each team will be be sent to the school, attention the e-Fest advisor for that school, to be used for shuttle, taxi, snacks, and expenses to facilitate making the flight and arriving in time at the hotel. We ask each team advisor to coordinate the use of these funds and to ensure that students travel and expenses are covered and managed in a timely manner.