Development Grant Cycle Now Closed
EIX and the Schulze Family Foundation will award up to $125,000 in development grants to institutions to support developing e-Fest teams and/or entrepreneurship related programs and activities.
To be considered for the grant, schools must be a four-year college or university, offer at least one entrepreneurship course, and encourage the development of an undergraduate e-Fest team. See Grant Rules below for the complete list of eligibility.
First time grantees will receive $2,500. Schools that received a grant(s) in the past and met grant requirements are eligible for a continuation grant of $1,500.
Funds are to be used to help develop e-Fest teams and/or support a school business concept competition or other undergraduate student-focused entrepreneurship activities. We expect grant recipients to mention e-Fest to their students and encourage the formation of at least one undergraduate student team. Funds are limited, all applications are screened for eligibility according to e-Fest rules, and grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Grant recipients must:
- be a 4 year college or university in North America
- offer at least one entrepreneurship course
- be engaged in student entrepreneurship experiences and learning
- encourage the development of at least one undergraduate e-Fest team
- visit the EIX.org website and provide feedback about using EIX.org entrepreneurship teaching resources in class and student activities.*
*Our EIX.org website offers free, peer-reviewed entrepreneurship teaching resources, research, and articles. EIX and the Richard M Schulze Family Foundation are the sponsors of e-Fest, which is held at the University of St Thomas, Schulze School of Entrepreneurship, in Minneapolis.
- Must be all undergraduate students registered during 2022 spring semester, or have graduated no earlier than Fall 2021
- Must attend a 4 year college or university in North America
- Must have a team advisor who is on the faculty or center staff at the university
- Teams must have at least 2 and no more than 5 members
- Other people can be involved in the venture (non-students / past graduates), but e-Fest student team members must have a substantial leadership role in the venture
- Team members can be from different schools, but will submit as one team from one school for administrative simplicity
- Winning teams agree to allow their video submission and slides to be published by EIX
e-Fest works with numerous media outlets to highlight the achievements and ventures submitted by students. Finalists will be asked to prepare for media interviews during e-Fest.
Have a question or need more information? Contact us at [email protected].